2021 Porsche Panamera Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
2021 Porsche Panamera
- Starting at $88,550 MSRP*
- Four gasoline engine choices (plus two E-Hybrid drivetrains), ranging from the standard 2.9-liter turbocharged V6 (325 hp and 331 lb-ft of torque) up to an available twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8 (620 hp and 604 lb-ft of torque) in the new Panamera Turbo S
- 7-speed PDK automatic transmission
- Optional all-wheel drive and rear-wheel steering
- 12.3-inch touchscreen center display with touch-sensitive controls and heads-up display (HUD)
- Smartphone Integration with Bluetooth and Apple CarPlay®
- Standard 8-way electrically adjustable comfort seats with driver memory package, with optional 14-way electrically adjustable comfort seats or 18-way electrically adjustable adaptive sport seats
- Standard lane keeping assist and traffic sign recognition
- New leather-wrapped multifunction Sport steering wheel with shift paddles
About the Porsche Panamera
When Porsche introduced the Panamera to the world back in 2010, they created an entirely new segment – the executive sports sedan. In the decade that followed, many competitors have shown up to challenge the Panamera to the fast four-door throne, but, as usual, Porsche reigns supreme. For 2021, the engineers at Porsche have carefully tuned and tweaked the winning recipe of the Panamera to make it even better. They’ve done the impossible by improving on perfection and creating a car that’s both faster and more comfortable than the previous model.
Some changes, like the now-standard Sport Design front and rear fascia, or the new Sport steering wheel, are noticeable to the naked eye. Most of these changes, however, must be experienced to be truly understood. New-generation tires. Improved steering, suspension and brakes. More powerful engines. Impressive technology. With a Panamera, you don’t have to choose between luxury, safety, and performance. Porsche has done what is necessary to excel and remain one step ahead of their contemporaries. After all, it’s what Porsche does best.
What’s New for 2021
What the Critics Say
“With agile handling and a smooth ride, especially when equipped with the optional adjustable air suspension, the 2021 Panamera is a thrill to drive. It also provides the comfort and luxury expected of such an expensive four-door hatchback.” – Car and Driver
“Despite its length, the Panamera is wonderfully maneuverable, the steering is remarkably precise, and the car corners like a champ, especially when the rear-wheel-steering and torque-vectoring technology come into play.” – Kelley Blue Book
Porsche Panamera Features
For 2021, the Porsche Panamera has several new variants to get excited about. Of particular note is the new Panamera Turbo S, which replaces last year’s Panamera turbo. Thanks to several internal engine modifications, the 4.0-liter twin turbo V8 found in the Panamera Turbo S now makes an incredible 620 horsepower and 604 lb-ft of torque. There are a lot of things to like about the new Turbo S, including standard Porsche Carbon Ceramic Brakes (PCCB), but every 2021 Panamera has been upgraded over the 2020 model.
Thanks to some clever chassis and suspension tuning, all variants of the 2021 Porsche Panamera have been upgraded to offer improved performance thanks to a retuned chassis and suspension, as well as next-generation tires which aid both performance and efficiency. Porsche engineers have done what many have deemed impossible. The 2021 Porsche Panamera both handles better and is more comfortable than its predecessor.
Porsche is more than happy to make your dreams come true by offering an unmatched selection of interior options. As a Panamera buyer, you have dozens of choices when it comes to equipment, colors, and materials for your interior. Three seat choices are available, starting with the standard equipment 8-way electrically adjustable comfort seats with memory function. 14-way adjustable comfort seats or 18-way adjustable adaptive sport seats are optional as well. Buyers can also choose between two different premium audio systems – one from BOSE®, and one from Burmester. The 710 watt BOSE ® Surround Sound System features 14 speakers, including a separate subwoofer. The 1,455 Burmester 3D High-End Surround System includes an active 400 watt subwoofer with a total of 21 speakers. Regardless of which options you choose, you benefit from a large, 12.3 inch center touchscreen and a heads up display (HUD).
Innovative Safety & Driver Assistance
In the real world, luxury and performance aren’t everything. Safety is important, and, thankfully, the 2021 Porsche Panamera has the high-tech safety features you expect from a car in this class. For 2021, lane keeping assist and traffic sign recognition become standard equipment, and plenty of other electronic driving aids are available as options. Night vision assist, lane change assist, surround view cameras, and Porsche InnoDrive with adaptive cruise control are all available as options.Porsche InnoDrive is a next-generation adaptive cruise control system that monitors the road up to 1.8 miles ahead to optimize your speed and reduce driver fatigue by helping out in traffic jams. It’s a dangerous world out there, but the 2021 Porsche Panamera is prepared to handle it with the poise and performance you’d expect from the premier executive sports sedan.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $88,550 MSRP*
- 2.9-liter turbocharged V6 (325 hp and 331 lb-ft of torque)
- 8-way electrically adjustable comfort seats with driver memory package
- Lane keeping assist and traffic sign recognition
Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sedan
- Starting at $103,800 MSRP*
- 2.9-liter turbocharged V6 with electric motor (455 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque)
- Sport Chrono package
- High performance summer tires
- Starting at $105,000 MSRP*
- 2.9-liter turbocharged V6 (443 hp and 405 lb-ft of torque)
- Porsche Traction Management (PTM) active all-wheel drive
- Adaptive Air Suspension with Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
Panamera 4S E-Hybrid Sedan
- Starting at $114,650 MSRP*
- 2.9-liter turbocharged V6 with electric motor (552 hp and 553 lb-ft of torque)
- Calibrated drive modes to maximize efficiency
- Improved battery capacity over prior model
Panamera GTS Sedan
- Starting at $130,650 MSRP*
- 4.0-liter twin turbo V8 (473 hp and 457 lb-ft of torque)
- 18-way electrically adjustable adaptive sport seats
- Sport exhaust system
Panamera Turbo S Sedan
- Starting at $179,050 MSRP*
- 4.0-liter twin turbo V8 (620 hp and 604 lb-ft of torque)
- 14-speaker, 710 watt BOSE ® Surround Sound System with separate subwoofer
- Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB)
Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid
- Starting at $187,700 MSRP*
- 4.0-liter twin turbo V8 with electric motor (689 hp and 642 lb-ft of torque)
- Rear axle steering with Power Steering Plus
- Acid Green painted brake calipers
*Base MSRP excludes transportation and handling charges, destination charges, taxes, title, registration, preparation and documentary fees, tags, labor and installation charges, insurance, and optional equipment, products, packages and accessories. Actual vehicle price may vary by Dealer.
*Bluetooth is a registered mark Bluetooth SIG, Inc.