2020 Porsche Macan Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
About the Porsche Macan
There’s no automaker that is more skilled at making sports cars and SUVs than Porsche. With the combination of powerful engines, high-quality interior and handsome exterior, the Porsche Macan is in a class all to itself. Under the hood, the Macan has three engine options, from 248 horsepower all the way to 434 horsepower. Inside, the cabin is impeccably built to deliver the utmost comfort and quality. The upholstery is stitched with precision and the premium seats are perfectly tailored — continuing the Porsche tradition of delivering elegant craftsmanship. If you’re looking for a small luxury SUV, that has incredible driving dynamics and a highly-sophisticated interior, the 2020 Porsche Macan is your sweet ticket into this prestigious brand.
What the Critics Say
“The ride is wonderfully smooth and carefully controlled, and it’s rare for a jolt from the road to make its way up through the cabin. The Macan’s tenacious attitude in corners makes it feel stable and planted.” – Car and Driver
“No matter how you slice it, the Macan offers an attractive design inside and out, exceptional build quality and ergonomics, and the handling characteristics you’d expect from a company responsible for the 911.” – Autotrader
Porsche Macan Features
Drivers will have their choice of three potent turbocharged engine options for their Macan. Standard power for the Macan comes from a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder which produces a balanced 248 horsepower along with 273 lb-ft of torque for the perfect balance of efficiency and response. Macan S models are powered by a 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 that cranks out a muscular 348 horsepower and 352 lb-ft of torque. For maximum performance, the Macan Turbo is powered a 2.9-liter twin-turbo V6 that produces an impressive 434 horsepower and 406 lb-ft of torque. When equipped with the optional Sport Chrono package, the Macan Turbo can rocket from 0 to 60 MPH in a blistering 4.1 seconds. Each comes paired with capable all-wheel drive which helps your Macan excel in both wet and dry conditions.
The Porsche Macan offers more than just performance. The driver will enjoy features like the 8-way power adjust comfort seats, Sound Package Plus with 10 speakers and 150 watt output and Porsche Connect with smartphone compatibility. Passengers will appreciate features like an available Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment Plus with two touchscreens and DVD drive, Panoramic Sunroof and Connect Plus with wireless Internet access. It’s safe to say the Macan offers features that will satisfy everyone involved.
The 2020 Macan, Macan S, and Macan Turbo
|Model||2020 Macan||2020 Macan S||2020 Macan Turbo|
|Engine||2.0 liter turbocharged 4-cyl||3.0-liter turbocharged V6||2.9-liter twin-turbo V6|
|Horsepower||248 hp||348 hp||434|
|Acceleration 0-60mph||6.3 seconds||4.9 Seconds*||4.1 Seconds*|
|Front Seats||8-Way Power||8-Way Power||18-Way Sport Power|
|Porsche Connect & Apple® CarPlay||Standard||Standard||Standard|
|Alloy Wheels||18" Macan||18" Macan Design||20" Macan Turbo|
|Air Suspension inc. PASM||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|Heated Seats & Steering||Optional||Optional||Standard|
|Bose Surround System||Optional||Optional||Standard|
*When equipped with Sport Chrono Package.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $50,900 MSRP
- 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with 248 horsepower / 273 lb-ft of torque
- 7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission
- 18-inch Macan Alloy Wheels
- Front and rear seats trimmed in partial leather and Alcantara®
- Porsche Communication Management* (PCM) including navigation module
- Starting at $59,400 MSRP*
- 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 engine with 348 horsepower / 354 lb-ft of torque
- 19-inch Macan Design Wheels
- LED headlights with automatic static range control, including four-spot LED daytime running lights
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Porsche Hill Control (PHC)
- Instrument cluster with high-resolution 4.8-inch color display
- Starting at $83,600 MSRP*
- 2.9-liter twin-turbo V6 engine with 434 horsepower / 406 lb-ft of torque
- Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- Porsche Surface Coated Brakes (PSCB)
- Sport Exhaust System with Tailpipes in Silver
- Adaptive Sport Seats (18-way) with memory package in front
*Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes options; taxes; title; registration; delivery, processing and handling fee; dealer charges. Dealer sets actual selling price.