2023 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid Model Review
Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid
- Starting at $86,500 MSRP*
- 3.0L mono-turbo V6 and electric motor create 455 hp, 516 lb-ft of torque
- Porsche First: Available 22-inch wheels
- 0-60: 4.7 seconds
- Available Porsche InnoDrive
- 17.9 kWh lithium ion battery pack offers up to 17 miles of EV range (NEDC)
- Four hybrid-specific drive modes: E-Power, Hybrid Auto, E-Hold, and E-Charge
- Customizable, height-adjustable head-up display
About the Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid
Making significant advancements over both the standard Cayenne and the preceding Cayenne S E-Hybrid it replaces, the 2021 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid redefines what a hybrid-electric SUV is capable of. Its sophisticated combination of a 3.0L mono-turbo V6 and electric motor allows this impressive powertrain to deliver blistering performance and outstanding fuel efficiency. With the introduction of the 2021 Cayenne E-Hybrid, several new features will debut and broaden the Cayenne lineup. These include a heated windshield, head-up display, massaging seats, and a Porsche-first set of 22-inch wheels.
What The Critics Say
"Its battery pack can complete a full recharge in about 2.5 hours when connected to a 240-volt, 30-amp source, and the SUV has a pure electric range of more than 20 miles. Did we mention it can also sprint to 60 mph in 3.2 seconds and covers the quarter-mile in 11.5 seconds at 121 mph? It's one of the quickest SUVs we've ever tested." — Car & Driver
"The Cayenne’s interior does a good job of mixing Porsche’s sporting roots with the more substantial architecture SUV buyers expect. A sober dashboard design feeds into a wide center console, with two great big grab handles on either side of the transmission tunnel. Build quality is typical Porsche—that is to say, faultless. The seats are supremely comfortable, and come with the delicious houndstooth inserts that are unique to the Lightweight Sport Package. With 18 ways of power adjustment, they’re incredibly supportive too." — AutoGuide
What’s New for 2023
There haven’t been any major changes to the Cayenne, gas or hybrid, for 2023. The Chalk paint color has been discontinued, and Jet Black Metallic has been replaced with Chromite Black Metallic. Spotify integration has been added to the infotainment, and so has wireless Android Auto. There is a new trim, Platinum Edition, which combines several of the most popular features into one trim. This is convenient, but it doesn’t introduce any new features.
Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid Features
Newest Porsche PHEV Powertrain
A 3.0L mono-turbo V6 and electric motor combine to give the Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid a total system output of 455 horsepower from 5,250 to 6,400 RPM and 516 lb-ft of torque from 1,000 to 3,750 RPM. It can rocket from 0 to 60 in just 4.7 seconds on its way to a top speed of 157 MPH. A new Tiptronic S transmission offers significantly faster, smoother, and more comfortable shifts. Standard Porsche Traction Management (PTM) delivers clear benefits in terms of driving dynamics, agility, traction control and off-road capabilities. Standard Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) provides confidence across any road surface. Option up to the Turbo S E-Hybrid trim, and you cut the 0-60 time to 3.6 seconds. This is thanks to the 670 horsepower generated by the Turbo S E-Hybrid drivetrain, which also allows for the 183mph top speed.
Battery Charging & Range
Housed in the rear of the chassis beneath the load floor, the Cayenne E-Hybrid stores its electric power inside of a 17.9 kWh battery pack. On pure electric power, the Cayenne E-Hybrid can travel up to 83 miles per hour. Using a 230-volt, 32 amp connection and the optional 7.2 kW onboard charger, it is possible to recharge a fully depleted battery in only 3 hours. You’re also able to control and monitor the charging process via Porsche Communication Management (PCM) or remotely when using the Porsche Connect app.
Interior & Exterior Enhancements
Unique enhancements found on the exterior of the Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid include Acid Green brake calipers and matching outlines around all of the badges. Mirroring these distinctive hybrid accents on the interior, the cabin features Acid Green needles on the Sport Chrono dial and the tachometer as well as hybrid-specific displays in the gauge cluster and within the PCM screen. For the first time, Porsche will offer a head-up display. This customizable, full-color display places vital information such as driving speed, engine speed, driving mode, and navigation information directly within the driver’s line of sight.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $86,500 MSRP*
- 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 / E-Machine with 455 horsepower and 516 lb-ft of torque
- Porsche Traction Management (PTM): active all-wheel drive with electronic and map-controlled multi-plate clutch
- Integrated Porsche 4D-Chassis Control
- Brake calipers in Acid Green with Regenerative Braking System
- Partial leather seats in embossed leather
Cayenne E-Hybrid Platinum Edition
- Starting at $86,500 MSRP*
- 21" RS Spyder Design Wheels in Satin Platinum
- Steel spring suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- "e-hybrid" logo on front fenders in Satin Platinum with border in Acid Green
- LED headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
- Warn and Brake Assist
Cayenne Turbo S E-Hybrid
- Starting at $171,300 MSRP*
- 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged V8 / E-Machine with 670 horsepower and 663 lb-ft of torque
- 21-inch AeroDesign Wheels
- Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB)
- Sport Chrono Package
- BOSE® Surround Sound System with 14 speakers incl. subwoofer; total output of 710 watts
*Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes options; taxes; title; registration; delivery, processing and handling fee; dealer charges. Dealer sets actual selling price.