2020 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid Model Review
Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid
- Starting at $81,100 MSRP*
- 3.0L mono-turbo V6 and electric motor create 455 hp, 516 lb-ft of torque
- Porsche First: 22-inch wheels
- 0-60: 4.7 seconds (0.7 seconds quicker than previous generation)
- 14.1 kWh lithium ion battery pack offers up to 27 miles of EV range (NEDC)
- Four hybrid-specific drive modes: E-Power, Hybrid Auto, E-Hold, and E-Charge
- Available Porsche InnoDrive
- Customizable, height-adjustable head-up display
About the Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid
Making significant advancements over both the standard Cayenne and the preceding Cayenne S E-Hybrid it replaces, the 2020 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid redefines what a hybrid-electric SUV is capable of. Its sophisticated combination of a 3.0L mono-turbo V6 and electric motor allows this impressive powertrain to deliver blistering performance and outstanding fuel efficiency. With the introduction of the 2020 Cayenne E-Hybrid, several new features will debut and broaden the Cayenne lineup. These include a heated windshield, head-up display, massaging seats, and a Porsche-first set of 22-inch wheels.
Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid Features
Newest Porsche PHEV Powertrain
A 3.0L mono-turbo V6 and electric motor combine to give the Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid a total system output of 455 horsepower from 5,250 to 6,400 RPM and 516 lb-ft of torque from 1,000 to 3,750 RPM. It can rocket from 0 to 60 in just 4.7 seconds (an improvement of -0.7 seconds vs. the previous generation) on its way to a top speed of 157 MPH. A new Tiptronic S transmission offers significantly faster, smoother, and more comfortable shifts. Standard Porsche Traction Management (PTM) delivers clear benefits in terms of driving dynamics, agility, traction control and off-road capabilities. Standard Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) provides confidence across any road surface.
Battery Charging & Range
Housed in the rear of the chassis beneath the load floor, the Cayenne E-Hybrid stores its electric power inside of a 14.1 kWh battery pack. On pure electric power, the Cayenne E-Hybrid can travel up to 83 miles per hour. Using a 230-volt, 32 amp connection and the optional 7.2 kW onboard charger, it is possible to recharge a fully depleted battery in only 2.3 hours. You’re also able to control and monitor the charging process via Porsche Communication Management (PCM) or remotely when using the Porsche Connect app.
Interior & Exterior Enhancements
Unique enhancements found on the exterior of the Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid include Acid Green brake calipers and matching outlines around all of the badges. Mirroring these distinctive hybrid accents on the interior, the cabin features Acid Green needles on the Sport Chrono dial and the tachometer as well as hybrid-specific displays in the gauge cluster and within the PCM screen. For the first time, Porsche will offer a head-up display. This customizable, full-color display places vital information such as driving speed, engine speed, driving mode, and navigation information directly within the driver’s line of sight.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $81,100 MSRP*
- 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 / E-Machine with 455 horsepower and 516 lb-ft of torque
- Porsche Traction Management (PTM): active all-wheel drive with electronic and map-controlled multi-plate clutch
- Integrated Porsche 4D-Chassis Control
- Brake calipers in Acid Green with Regenerative Braking System
- Partial leather seats in embossed leather
Cayenne Turbo S E-Hybrid
- Starting at $161,900 MSRP*
- 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged V8 / E-Machine with 670 horsepower and 663 lb-ft of torque
- 21-inch AeroDesign Wheels
- Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB)
- Sport Chrono Package
- BOSE® Surround Sound System with 14 speakers incl. subwoofer; total output of 710 watts
*Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes options; taxes; title; registration; delivery, processing and handling fee; dealer charges. Dealer sets actual selling price.