2020 Porsche 911 Review with Specs & Prices
2020 Porsche 911
- Starting at $113,300 MSRP*
- Next generation of flat-six turbocharged engines – producing 443 horsepower and 390 lb-ft of torque with a standard 8-speed PDK dual clutch transmission
- Revamped exterior design with increased body width, wider wheel housings, new LED headlights, and revised variable-position rear spoiler
- Top track speed of 191 MPH and 0-60 time of 3.5 seconds (911 Carrera S)
- Completely new interior characterized by clear and straight lines of the dashboard with recessed instruments.
- World-first Porsche Wet Mode which detects water on the road and preconditions the stability control and anti-lock brake systems accordingly
- Optional Night Vision Assist with a thermal imaging camera
- New Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with a larger 10.9-inch touchscreen display (up from 7.0 inches in the previous car) and comprehensive connectivity
About the 2020 Porsche 911
The eighth generation of the iconic Porsche 911 is now faster, more emotional, and more connected than ever before. Reflecting Porsche’s unmistakable design DNA, a more muscular look and completely new interior layout makes the new 911 both timeless and modern. Featuring an increase of 23 horsepower compared with the previous model, the 2020 911 will debut with the next generation of Porsche flat-six turbocharged engines. Part of a broadened array of available active driver assistance features, the new 911 includes standard Porsche Wet Mode for increased driver awareness on wet roads and the optional Night Vision Assist with a thermal imaging camera. Drawing inspiration from classic 1970s 911 models, an updated interior has been crafted with a primary focus on ergonomics and driver engagement. Longer, wider, and more poised than ever — the 2020 Porsche 911 defies convention while staying true to its legendary heritage.
What the Critics Say
“Notwithstanding its familiar appearance, the 2020 911 is very different than its predecessor. The new coupe arrives with aluminum-intensive construction, an enhanced powertrain, new innovative technology, and more luxury appointments than any previous 911 in history. Consumer demands are changing, and Porsche realized that it had to evolve to keep its best-selling sports car at the top of the competitive segment.” — Kelley Blue Book
“Steering is still electrically assisted, but Porsche claims the responsiveness is now 11 percent quicker in the standard car. Feedback on the track is as good as its predecessor’s, as is its faultless precision. The direct connection gels well with the newfound grip and sense of stability, reducing the apparent size of the wider and heavier 992.” — Car and Driver
2020 Porsche 911 Features
Representing a progressive evolution in design, the exterior styling of the Porsche 911 is thoroughly modern while paying tribute to 911 models of the past. Noticeably wider wheel housings arch over large 20-inch front wheels and 21-inch rear wheels. Up front, body width has increased by 1.77 inches, creating room for a wider front track. Rear body width on both 911 Carrera S and 911 Carrera 4S has increased to 72.91 inches, exactly the width of the previous 911 Carrera 4 and 911 GTS models. The front luggage compartment lid with pronounced contours evokes the design of the first 911 generations, separated by new LED headlights. Helping to reduce weight, the entire outer skin is now made of aluminum aside from the front and rear fascia.
Taking inspiration from 1970s 911 models, the completely updated interior of the 2020 911 is highlighted by the clear and straight lines of the dashboard with recessed instruments. Two thin frameless, free-form displays provide the driver with information on both sides of the centrally positioned tachometer. Optional Adaptive 18-way Sport Seats Plus with improved lateral support hold the driver firmly in place during high-speed cornering. The new Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with a larger 10.9-inch touchscreen display offers comprehensive connectivity to enhance your drive.
All 2020 911 Carrera S and 911 Carrera 4S models now produce 443 horsepower thanks to a reimagined turbocharged flat-six engine. This results in a 23-horsepower gain in comparison to the prior generation. The rear-wheel-drive 911 Carrera S Coupe needs just 3.5 seconds to reach 60 miles per hour from standstill, while the 911 Carrera 4S Coupe with all-wheel drive takes only 3.4 seconds. An optional Sport Chrono Package reduces these times even further by 0.2 seconds. A new 8-speed PDK dual clutch transmission is included as standard and a manual transmission will be offered at a later date.
Making its worldwide debut for Porsche, an all-new Wet Mode is now included as standard on every 911. This specialized feature detects water on the road, preconditions the stability control and anti-lock brake systems accordingly, and alerts the driver of the conditions. Also included as standard, a camera-based warning and brake assist system can detect the risk of collision with other vehicles, pedestrians, and cyclists. Optional Adaptive Cruise Control includes automatic distance control, stop-and-go functionality, and an innovative Emergency Assist function for even greater peace of mind.
2020 Porsche 911 Trims & Specs
911 Carrera S
Starting at $113,300 MSRP*
- 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged boxer 6 with 443 hp / 390 lb-ft of torque
- 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
- Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV+) incl. electronically controlled differential lock with fully variable torque distribution
- 20-inch/21-inch Carrera S wheels
- Porsche Communication Management* (PCM) including online navigation module and Connect Plus
911 Carrera 4S
Starting at $120,600 MSRP*
- All-wheel drive with Porsche Traction Management (PTM)
- Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- Sport Seats with electric backrest angle and seat height adjustment and manual adjustment of fore/aft position
- LED headlights including daytime running lights with 4-point LED spotlights
2020 911 Carrera S Cabriolet
Starting at $126,100 MSRP*
- Electrically operated, fully automatic fabric roof with three integral magnesium elements and a rigid glass rear screen, operable up to approximately 31 mph
- Porsche Connect Plus* including online navigation, Apple® CarPlay®, SiriusXM, 4G/LTE telephone module and wireless internet access
- Sound Package Plus, analog sound system, 8 loudspeakers, 150-watt total output with integral amplifier and digital signal processing
- 6-piston front, 4-piston rear, all aluminum fixed monobloc calipers
- ParkAssist (Front and Rear) including reversing camera
2020 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet
Starting at $133,400 MSRP*
- Two-zone automatic climate control with separate temperature settings for driver and front passenger
- Embossed leather on front seat side bolsters and front seat headrests
- Multifunction steering wheel
- Automatic headlight activation including “Welcome Home” lighting
- Instrument cluster with central tachometer and two 7-inch TFT displays
*Manufacturers’ Suggested Retail Price. Excludes options, taxes, title, registration, delivery, processing and handling fee, and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual selling price.