2020 Porsche Taycan Model Review
- Starting at $103,800 MSRP*
- Power – up to 440kW (616 Horsepower)
- Acceleration – 0-60 MPH – 2.6 seconds (Taycan Turbo S with Launch Control)
- Charging Time – 5% to 80% in 22.5 minutes (270kW DC Charging)
- Top Track Speed – 161 MPH (Taycan Turbo)
- ¼ Mile Time – 10.8 seconds (Taycan Turbo S)
- Range – Up to 279 miles
About the Porsche Taycan
Meticulously perfected with innovative technologies developed on the racetrack and on the roadways, Porsche sets its vision towards the future with the Taycan — a striking exhibition of an all-electric sports sedan. Originally imagined as the Porsche Mission E concept, the Taycan pushes the limits of electric driving possibilities. Making history as the first purely electric sports car for the Porsche brand, the Taycan boasts a total system voltage of 800V, a combined system output of 616 horsepower, and blistering acceleration. Motorsports-inspired aerodynamics help the Taycan cut through the air and deliver sublime handling through the corners. A cleverly-positioned underbody battery gives the Taycan an optimal center of gravity and helps make its groundbreaking inductive charging capability possible.
Porsche Taycan Features
Two of the most vital aspects of electromobility are charge times and range distance. In an effort to revolutionize electric driving, the Porsche Taycan doubles the standard charging voltage to 800 volts. As a result, the Taycan delivers shorter charge times and lower vehicle weight thanks to the use of thinner-gauge copper wires in its charging system. In fact, you will have the ability to travel more than 300 miles on a single charge and only 15 minutes are needed to recharge for another 250 miles of range. Revolutionizing everyday practicality for an electric vehicle, the Taycan will debut with an innovative inductive charging capability. Using a coil installed within the garage floor, all the driver has to do is park the car over it for power to be seamlessly transferred wirelessly to the coil’s counterpart located in the underbody.
Each element of the exterior design of the Taycan has been carefully crafted to be instantly recognizable as a Porsche. Iconic qualities of Porsche sports cars were used in the design of the Taycan such as a low-slung roofline to help give the vehicle an unmistakable presence on the road. Eye-catching air intakes and outlets on the front, sides, and rear highlight the body’s comprehensive flow-through design. At the front, dynamic matrix LED headlights with Porsche’s signature four-point design hover within the air intakes. The Porsche Taycan offers a confident stance which hints at the potent performance capabilities of this astonishing all-electric sports car.
Development & Innovation
At Porsche, vehicle names have a visceral connection with the corresponding model and its characteristics. Using linguistic roots from the East, the name “Taycan” means the equivalent of “spirited young horse”. This references imagery found at the heart of the Porsche crest, first introduced in 1952.
Porsche aims to invest more than six billion Euros in electromobility by 2022, doubling the amount which had originally been planned. The Taycan will be constructed inside a dedicated assembly area at Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen. Portions of the original engine plant will be converted to produce electric drivetrains. As a result, the Taycan will create around 1,200 new jobs in Zuffenhausen alone.
Elegant Interior Design
Iconic design features have been re imagined and brought into the digital age inside the Porsche Taycan. Simplistic elegance and minimalism are two instantly recognizable of the cabin design. An innovative instrument cluster consists of a curved 16.8-inch screen with the rounded look that’s typical of Porsche. Drivers can choose between four display modes – Classic, Map, Full Map, and Pure to personalize the way they view critical information. “Race-Tex” material is used in place of leather for the seat upholstery, offering a high-quality microfibre material partially consisting of recycled polyester fibers. Black-Lime Beige, Blackberry, Atacama Beige, and Meranti Brown are exclusively available for the interior of the Taycan. Another sign of the future, interior airflows are now controlled both digitally and fully automatically via Virtual Airflow Control. Features such as Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) can quickly be accessed on the central screen.
Trims & Specs
Starting at $103,800 MSRP*
- AC Permanent Synchronous Motor (390 kW/522 hp)
- Integrated Porsche 4D Chassis Control
- LED Headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
- 16.8-inch curved display for driver including external touchscreen control panels for lighting and chassis functions
- On-Board DC-Charger with 50 kW/400V (DC) and AC-charger with 9.6kW (AC)
Starting at $150,900 MSRP*
- Porsche Surface Coated Brakes with white calipers
- PASM (Porsche Active Suspension Management) electronic damper control
- Four driving modes: Range, Normal, Sport, and Sport Plus
- Optional Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (PDCC Sport)
- Central 10.9-inch infotainment display and an optional passenger display
Taycan Turbo S
Starting at $185,000 MSRP*
- Adaptive Sport Seats (18-Way) with Memory Package
- Optional Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
- Available SportDesign Carbon Fiber Package
- Optional Porsche Intelligent Range Manager
- Available Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Change Assist
Current Taycan models are listed above. Additional trims are expected to be unveiled in the upcoming months.
Reserve Your Porsche Taycan
*Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes options; taxes; title; registration; delivery, processing and handling fee; dealer charges. Dealer sets actual selling price.