Classic Porsche Restoration at Sewickley Porsche

Classic Porsche Restoration

Although it may come as a surprise, the United States market is home to more classic Porsche sports cars than any other region. After years and years of driving, these well-loved classic vehicles are typically in need of some additional restoration and upkeep. This serves as the guiding theme for the Porsche Classic Restoration Challenge – giving participating dealerships the opportunity to return an iconic Porsche vehicle from the 1950s to the 2000s back to its original glory. Sewickley Porsche is excited to join the action in the Individualization Category of the Porsche Classic Restoration Challenge.

The star of the show is a 1993 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Type 964 originally sold by Sewickley Porsche on April 5, 1993. Below, you’ll find the latest news and details surrounding the progress of this remarkable transformation. You can follow along each step of the way and see exactly how our team of talented Porsche technicians can transform this sentimental 911.

1993 Porsche 911 Carrera 4

About the Porsche Classic Restoration Challenge

Porsche Classic hosts its annual Restoration Challenge, open to dealers nationwide each year. Participants will work to return a legendary Porsche sports car from the 1950s to the 2000s to its former glory. Since these vehicles will need significant expert attention, Porsche-trained technicians will be tasked with overseeing the restoration -with a portfolio of over 60,000 unique Porsche Classic Genuine Parts at their disposal to help accomplish their task. Over 60 dealers participated in the 2022 edition of the Challenge, a 50% increase in year-over-year involvement with even more expected to join the action this year.

For 2023, there are a total of 3 categories for dealers to compete in:

  • Preservation
  • Restoration
  • Individualization

Sewickley Porsche will be competing in the Individualization category with our entry. The Individualization category is rooted in the Porsche Sonderwunsch
Program, which translates literally from German as ‘special requests’. Today the term stands for a Porsche programme where almost anything is possible, where modifications and upgrades result in a truly unique vehicle. This is what we are designing.

1993 Porsche 911 Carrera 4

2023 Porsche Classic Restoration Challenge Entry – 1993 Porsche 911 Carrera 4

Built between 1989 and 1993, the 964 generation of the Porsche 911 Carrera 4 made history by debuting a number of firsts for the automaker. Most notably, it was the very first 911 to feature an all-wheel drive system. This electronically controlled permanent all-wheel drive system distributed 31% of the drive torque to the front axle with the remaining 69% being sent to the rear under normal conditions. Upon its debut, the 964 generation featured 85% new components while retaining the iconic profile of prior 911 models.

This particular example was originally sold by Sewickley Porsche on April 5, 1993. It’s with great pride that our team will undertake this project and transform this special 911 into a truly remarkable vehicle. Below, you’ll find a quick breakdown of the initially planned upgrades and improvements for this special car.

  • Full body repaint
  • Early-style chrome trim installation
  • LED headlight conversion
  • Suspension upgrade
  • Wheel upgrade
  • 997 Carbon Sport Bucket Seat retrofit
  • Upgraded PCCM infotainment system installation
  • Gauge restoration with backdated look
  • Engine reseal

With plenty of updates to follow, stay in touch with Sewickley Porsche to stay up to date on news surrounding the progress of this exciting project!

Porsche Restoration Gallery

Speak with a Porsche Restoration Specialist

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Sewickley Porsche 40.5357302, -80.1841064.